What is “ROOTING”?
“Rooting” your smartphone allows you to gain unrestricted access to your smartphone’s operating system and applications. Just like on a computer running on Windows, most programs run as a user with limited permissions; this is for the safety of you and your computer. Any program which needs to modify system settings, for example, must be run as a user with elevated privileges. In Unix-like operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD, Android, etc, the all-powerful super user is called root, which is why this procedure is referred to as “rooting.”
The easiest way to root your Huawei ideos U8150/T-Mobile Comet is by using an app called z4root. With this app, rooting your ideos is a piece of cake.
- First, make sure you’ve allowed applications to be installed from sources other than the Android Market:
Unknown sources [✓]
- Using your phone, download the z4root from this XDA Developers forum thread: [APP] z4root or download it here.
- After the download is complete, install z4root and open it. Here is a screenshot before rooting
- Click “Permanent Root” and wait for a few minutes after which your phone will reboot. After the reboot, confirm that your phone is rooted by opening z4root. If it is rooted, you will notice a new app called “Superuser” in your applications list.
- And 😉 voila!! You are now good to go.Hurayyyy 🙂 🙂 🙂 :-)!!
Good to go? But where… 😮 ….
With your newly found super user powers, you can us such super apps:
- AdFree – removes most ads in the browser and other apps
- No-frills CPU Control – a tool you can use on your rooted device to quickly set the CPU frequencies(overclock and underclock) and governor to use.
- Screenshot ER – a free screen capture app for all rooted devices, proven to work where nothing else does.
- Titanium Backup – EXTREMELY powerful tool. Backup ALL apps, Market links, remove bloatware & MORE!